Thursday, January 23, 2014

Oatmeal - A simple but amazing cleanser, scrub or mask

Hey girls, today I'm back with a recipe for skin from oatmeal. Honestly, I'm lazy in making natural masks or scrub frequently and if there are times I do, it is up to my mood. Usually, I buy these little buddies from my favorite brand Origins, which will be mentioned in my future post. However, I still have a little secret for me because it is so simple, it doesn't require me to remember how many spoons of this, how many drops of that, which sometimes drives me crazy and make me lazier. This recipe may need more ingredients in the winter when your skin is extremely dry but even so, it is stills one of simplest ways to keep your skin clean and bright.

Basically, oatmeal can help deep clean your skin, unclog pores, and leave you with a smooth and brigh skin gradually. Moreover, oatmeal is also known as a good remedy for sensitive skin. But remember that when you do scrub or mask, it should be done at night to prevent your skin from the sun since at that time, your skin is more sensitive and easy to get sun burned or tanned.

And now I will show you what I do with oatmeal, and only oatmeal. Don't bother remember how much oatmeal, because you decide. You can buy quick-cooking oatmeal from any grocery stores, or you can select an organic brand if you feel like you want something organic. My advice is you still should pick oatmeal from a good brand whose oatmeal is softer. I picked a strange brand once when it was on sale and I didn't like the oatmeal at all.

WHAT YOU NEED:
Oatmeal (absolutely)
A blender (optional)
A little jar - with the lid easy to open ( big enough to contain oatmeal for 10-15 times of usage, or can be bigger, so that you don't have to prepare it again and again every day)

As I usually do, I dry blend the oatmeal for around 30 seconds, make it more like powder. It doesn't need to be like flour, but this way, you can save the oatmeal, and it won't take time for oatmeal to become soft before you apply on your face. Make a big batch and keep it at a cool place, then put in a jar whenever the jar is empty. If you don't blend the oatmeal, it takes a bit more time for the oatmeal to become soft when you mix with water.

HOW YOU USE
If you do makeup, then you still need your regular face cleanser to wash away dirt and make up, then use oatmeal mix as a scrub. If you don't make up, then you just need oatmeal as your face wash every night, or you can decide to make it your mask every couple of days.

HOW TO SAVE TIME
I put a very small cup and my jar of oatmeal in the bathroom. Whenever I go to wash my face and brush my teeth before bed, the first thing I do in the bathroom is to put some oatmeal powder in a small cup, pour a little water, leave it there and I start brushing my teeth. Make sure your mix is a bit thick because it is easier for you to apply on your face. After a few times, you will know exactly the amount of oatmeal and water for each time use. Even if you don't know the first time, it is fine since you can add oatmeal or water as much as you need. When I'm done with brushing, the oatmeal powder is already soft enough, and I just apply the mix on my face, gently massage and then rinse my face with water.

You will save time with my method, but it depends on you whenever you want to use oatmeal.

HOW TO MODIFY YOUR MIX
This recipe can be modified by replacing water by milk, and you can also add a few drops of honey. I usually just need water, because I'm lazy going to the fridge, get milk and come back to the bathroom. And the mix is still good enough for me, unless I want my skin to be more moisturized in the winter ( as I said, my recipe needs more ingredients during winter time).

If you want it to be a mask, to save time and prevent a mess, before taking bath, create your mix, a very thick one with milk and honey (or just milk if honey is unavailable at home), put on your face and then take bath. By the time you are done, rinse your face, and there you go. Your skin is smooth and bright.

Hope my recipe will make you feel less lazy making your natural cleanser, scrub or mask at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment