Thursday, February 6, 2014

Origins Cleansers Review



To me, a good cleanser is always a good start for a beautiful skin. And you may change your cleanser throughout the year to adapt to the season or weather. Though it is more difficult to identify whether a certain cleanser suits your skin or not, compared to a moisturizer, it may be the first factor irritating our skin and the foremost product which should be investigated when skin allergy happens.
I have been using Origins skincare since 3 years ago and so far I’ve tried four kinds of their cleansers in total and here are some reviews about them:


A Perfect World
Antioxidant cleanser with White Tea




This is the first Origins cleanser that I tried. My skin at that time was irritated, a bit dry and red due to my sickness. I was using different skincare brand but it didn’t work during that period. Then I decided to switch to Origins, picked up a more moisturizing and gentle cleanser and it didn’t let me down. It was amazing and helped improve my sensitive skin a lot.
Honestly, I didn’t like it the very first time I used. This cleanser is recommended for combination/dry skin and my skin is generally combination/oily, so I was familiar with those cleansers which give me “squeaky” clean feeling.
However, with this cleanser, after rinsing my face, my skin felt somewhat slippery. It was like I needed to wash my face more carefully. I find it a bit disappointing. However, when my skin was dried by towel, it felt soft and brighter and not greasy at all. And the more I used it, the more I loved it. It might be hard at first to determine whether your skin are totally clean or not, but once you get used to it, you will find this cleanser amazing. It doesn’t make much foam, but it does a good job in clearing all dust, makeup without over-drying your skin. Moreover, it does help even your skin tone, though there is no advertising line for this effect on Origins website. Plus, in terms of scent, it has a wonderful citrus-like scent and so fresh which makes you feel like your skin is enjoying a glass of iced lemonade.
After I finished one tube of A perfect world cleanser, my skin was improved and the summer came. Another cleanser that is good for combination/oily skin is what I needed. I switched to Zero oil cleanser and I loved it too. 



Zero Oil
Deep pore cleanser with Saw Palmetto & Mint
 






It was gel-based, very gentle even for acne-prone skin but removes dirt and oil so well. It doesn’t do a good job if you put on waterproof make-up, but it is perfect for daily use. Plus, the mint scent makes you feel fresh, especially in the summer. I especially love it for the morning face wash since it will get you ready for a hot and humid day. However, I still prefer A perfect world for night time because it seems to make your skin brighter and smoother. Moreover, if you have a boyfriend, you can share the Zero oil cleanser with him. He will love it and may accompany you to go buy the next tube. 

One more good cleanser for summer and combination oily skin is Check and balance, Origins’ best seller and most popular. 

I had good experience with this one. It didn’t make my skin dry, it removed dirt and oil better than the Zero oil. It has fresh scent that make you feel relaxed. Moreover, as Origins claimed, it is able to balance your skin. Even if your skin has both dry and oily areas, it still helps. There is no doubt it is good and if you still don’t believe, you can search for its rating on Origins website. However, A Perfect World cleanser is still my choice for the night (I want my skin at night to be more hydrating), and Zero oil is my friend in the morning. I love to have different cleansers for different time in the day, but only when you can afford to buy both cleansers at once. 

Stay tuned for the last cleanser reviews :)

No comments:

Post a Comment