Monday, March 17, 2014

Best sunscreen - Origins Dr. Andrew Weil Mega-Bright Skin illuminating UV Protector SPF 40 PA+++

Hello girls,

I know it is still winter in Canada and some of you don't really care about sun protection (or not yet), but for me, sunscreen is for every season if we want to have a healthy skin. And by this, I don't mean fair or bright skin, but a natural and healthy look for all skin tones.

I have mentioned about Origins in many of my blog posts, and today I'm gonna review one of its product which made me no more lazy applying sunscreen every day.

This sunscreen actually belongs to the newest skincare line which was specifically designed to brighten skin, improve clarity and radiance. It is the Mega-Bright collection developed by Dr. Andrew Weil including everything from cleanser, toner, moisturizer to sunscreen. I used a few products in the line but have been impressed by the sunscreen the most. Unfortunately, this sunscreen is unavailable in Canada, but you can still get the moisturizer with SPF 30 ( it is oil-free product, so whoever has oily skin can become its fan)


Here is what Origins claims 
( And you can find more information through this link:
Origins Mega-Bright collection )
Formulated with Rosa Roxburghii Complex, rich in vitamins A, C & E & essential fatty acids.
Helps shield skin against environmental damage.
Blended with Licorice & White Peony to brighten & hydrate skin.
Visibly minimizes the appearance of dark spots & discolorations.
Provides broad spectrum UVA & UVB protection.
Unveils a clearer, sleeker, more radiant, even-toned & healthier looking complexion.


If I have to write about its effectiveness, I would say what Origins claimed is true. However, I just want to share a few personal reasons why I love it:

It is not greasy or sticky at all, which suits my combination oily skin, especially in the summer. It is a bit dry in the winter, but it will be fine as long as you have a good moisturizer for your dry skin.

It is kind of a tinted moisturizer, a very light yellow, more like a natural skin-tone shade which is sheer and blends easily into skin. It makes my skin look a bit lighter, which I love (I'm an Asian girl and I like fair skin) so that I don't need to wear makeup foundation every day. It can't hide all your acne scars or dark spots but it evens your skin tone, and if you want to look natural, you only need a little help from spot concealer to be confident about your look.



One more point is that it has a citrus scent which make you feel relaxed and safe when using, unlike the other sunscreen which give you a synthetic fragrance scent. I also like the fact that it offers a high SPF protection of SPF40++++ against the harmful UV rays.

Some other facts about my favorite skincare brand Origins

Origins mission is to create high-performance natural skincare that is powered by nature and proven by science. It means they sources the highest quality therapeutic plants, 100% natural essential oils and certified organic ingredients from around the world, test them in the lab by experts and produce the effective products for all skin types.
Origins also claimed that its products are formulated without: Parabens ● Phthalates ● Propylene Glycol ● Mineral Oil ● PABA ● Petrolatum ● Paraffin ● DEA ● Animal Ingredients (except cruelty-free honey and beeswax).

No comments:

Post a Comment