Thursday, March 6, 2014

Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser review

Hi guys,

Last time I already reviewed Origins cleansers and I hope you find it helpful. As I said, I usually pick different cleanser for different seasons, and also to match with my skincare routine. Since I use Clarisonic Mia 2 (review is coming soon, if I'm not lazy and busy), I bought another cleanser as recommended. Though a sonic brush like Mia 2 is claimed to be suitable for even sensitive skin, a cleanser which is less foamy and gentle is recommended.

That is the first reason I bought Purity Made Simple cleanser from Philosophy skincare brand. I heard my friends talking about it a lot but I was so in love with Origins and didn't have chance to give Purity a try. For me, its effect is not something I'm crazy about, but it works for me as a good cleanser. It is true that it is not too foamy, it is gentle and it comes in jumbo size that helps you save money. However, before becoming a big fan of it, try the smaller one first.

Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser

 

The reason for its name is that it works as both make up remover and cleanser. You only need one step to clean your face. I read a lot of reviews before I bought it, and many people said it can remove effectively the waterproof make up. I don't know why but it doesn't work for me if I wear waterproof mascara or eyeliner. I often have to wash my face with Purity two times to get rid of it. 

However, it is not my biggest concern since I don't make up frequently. On the other hand, it is still good enough for daily use. Its texture is like thick milk and you feel like you are nurturing your skin. It is not greasy, it is just clean as how you describe "clean". Plus, it doesn't dry out your skin, and it seems to work with other skincare brands. And I believe it works for every skin types. It is really my favorite in the winter. 

There is nothing special about its scent. It doesn't smell citrus like most of Origins cleansers but it is nice, and you may even feel safer because that means it doesn't contain too much fragrance, the enemy of sensitive skin.

It is a little bit pricey (I bought 24oz bottle in Sephora for $42 plus tax), but it is worth if your skin likes it. It is hard to buy it for a good deal in Canada, but if you go shopping in US, you may find some promotion during the year like Christmas time. 

Share with me your thoughts about it :)

Next week: BURT'S BEE MOISTURIZER REVIEW

No comments:

Post a Comment