Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sukin Purifying Facial Masque Review

Sukin is one of natural Australian skincare brands which I believed I heard about it long time ago while searching for best natural and organic products. However, until when I happened to see this mask in Winners 1 month ago did I have chance to bring it home, try it and give a review today. I got it for around $12 and that price for a good mask, it is actually not bad.



For whoever concerned about ingredients, I would say that it contains no SLS, no mineral oils, no SLES, no parabens, no synthetic fragrances, no animal derivatives, no harsh detergents, no triethanolamine, no artificial colours, no progylene glycol and no EDTA. And as claimed, it contains aloe vera, kaolin clay and rose hip which refresh and nourish the skin.

It is said to suit all skin types, and I think it does, except one minus point which I will discuss later. 
It is a clay based mask, so you can expect that it will be dry after you put it on your skin for a while. You can apply it on your damp face or dry face without any difficulty. It is spread out on my skin smoothly, leaving a slight tingle feeling if my skin is in extremely dry condition. However, after I rinse off the mask, I can see that it soothes my skin and makes it glow and radiant instead of causing any irritations.

I usually apply a bit thicker layer because I want to leave it on my skin longer than 10-15 minutes. It is just my habit, and I also don't want a big jar of mask to get old :). I have to say that it doesn't make your skin feel tight and uncomfortable as much as most clay based masks do. Maybe it contains a lot of nourishing ingredients like essential oils so that it will not dry out your skin.

However, the problem is that it does leave an oily film after you rinse it off. It is a good sign that it is hydrating enough, but it is also the minus point I mentioned above. And when I clean my face more deeply with the toner and a cotton pad, I can see the mask residue no matter how long and how much water I use to rinse the mask off. I believe it is not a big problem because I can still fix it by cleaning my face with toner as I usually do, but it is another thing that should be paid attention to if you, by any chance, use this mask.

Generally, my experience with this mask is good and I love it. It absorbs oil, removes dirt, leaves your skin soft, smooth, radiant and your pores can be improved gradually. It also seems to help with little pimples and redness. It is worth a try, just remember to clean your face carefully after using the mask to make sure your skin gets the best out of this little treat.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment